Friday, December 20, 2019

To my ears

Music to my ears.
Yesterday I heard the heralding of a flock of geese, way, way up above.  Kind of late in the season for their southerly flight, but then I am not a goose; so who knows.  I guess they do.  I have had the pleasure to hear them chatting and singing to each other several times in this last week or so, kind of similar to a sea shanty, the rhythm to make their journey go quicker.  The thing is I am deaf in one ear and I can hear their songs and always stop to listen for a bit.  No one else seems to or won't take the time.  To busy I guess; not me.  I will always have the time to listen to a beautiful song of Nature.
Today's song I believe will be a whisper on the Wind with the announcement of Winter's approach.



5 comments:

  1. I always stop and acknowledge their flight, such ageless instinct and beauty. Puts today's news and worries in their place. Pointless fuss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I wonder about their lateness? Climate change? I always understood they took flight because of the Sun's orientation and the shortened days. Maybe their delayed flight is a indication.

      Delete
    2. I think as long as they have open (not frozen) water and grass to eat they'll stick around.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...