Wednesday, December 11, 2019

The Upper Hand

Getting an upper hand on the beasties of doubt, fear, anger, anxiety.  All those emotions boil down to fear, but express themselves in a variety of ways.  I was watching a video the other day featuring Pete Egoscue who presented an interesting thought on anxiety.  Anxiety can be calmed by deep breathing, but he suppositioned that anxiety could be caused by shallow breathing.  If we would focus on breathing correctly, perhaps most of those issues would not present themselves.  Instead of counting to ten, best to take ten really deep breaths; and if I am knowingly going to encounter a difficult situation just do some deep breathing before entering the fray.




Rider Waite-Smith Tarot 

2 comments:

  1. yogic breath is a wonderful thing. My anxiety comes out in dreams. What a mess they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a real doozie this morning. Has left me out of sorts all day.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...