Monday, July 18, 2022

The Siren's call

 

I miss the ocean, being able to walk out into the salted waters and feel the swirls and eddies around my feet and legs; the pull of the water to venture forward, the Ocean's soft call to wade deeper.  Since my trauma incident ten years ago I have not really ventured in, my legs not able to withstand the to and fro and pull from the currents. Last year I made a trip to the beach and only went down to the surfside once because of my instability; it saddened me deeply, so much so, one week after returning I had my cardiac event. I watched a woman this morning, on the beach cam of my favorite beach area, imagining her to be about my age. She walked slowly into the water and stood for a bit looking out searching or communing or being and for a moment, I too, was standing in the water, filled with joy at returning. I hear the Siren's call and hope to return.


Gaian Tarot

1 comment:

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...