Friday, July 22, 2022

Now is a good time

 

Sometimes Life gives us a hard knock - down. Do we stay down and give into 'the woe is me' or get up and make the best of a bad situation? Either, both, or something entirely different, it is really up to us how to handle and that decision may also be based on how difficult the hurt was or is.

Today, this morning, I am thinking about choices. I would immediately rush to the aid of a loved one in dire need, but in regards to my own need(s) I am willing to put off the change, the rescue, so I can take care of other seemingly important things first. Why as I write this, journal on this blog, do I seemingly not put myself first?

I keep thinking of a passage in the Bible, and the gist of the story was a merchant was so moved by the words of Jesus that he wanted to join him and Jesus said  "yes, come with me now." The merchant needed time to get his business and affairs in order and exclaimed that he needed time to and asked can I meet you tomorrow? and Jesus said, "come with me now." The merchant chose to remain and take care of his life and not join Jesus.    We decide what is more important to us, to continue to live a life as is, or seek for something else when needed.


The Gaian Tarot

1 comment:

  1. We lead other horses to water, but rarely drink ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...