Sunday, July 22, 2018

Archetype

I remember years ago participating in an on-line astrology class. One of the first assignments was archetypes and defining the ones that we assigned to ourselves. The Hermit was one of mine and still is. After the storms that passed through the area Friday my electricity was out until late yesterday afternoon. There were many instances I thought, 'well I will do this or that' and almost all were connected to electricity. I couldn't cook the food that had thawed in the freezer, listen to music to pass the time, or surf the internet on my phone since there was no way to recharge. I chose to spend most of the day on my own mixed in with a nice long nap. I also contemplated life without electricity and realized how much we take for granted, with such a life of ease.  A Hermit day indeed.



Rider Waite-Smith Tarot

4 comments:

  1. A nap sounds like a splendid way to pass the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first thing I want to do with power out, is make tea and toast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a bunsen burner or a generator to fix tea and toast?

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...