Friday, August 4, 2017

p, q, i, t's

I drew the Nine of Cups again this morning.  I placed back in the deck and reshuffled and then searched and found again and the card following it for a deeper understanding about what the Nine had to relay to me.

August is a big month with lots of cosmic activity.  Not only do we have the Solar Eclipse on August 21, there is a Lunar Eclipse this Sunday that coincides with the Full Moon. The lunar eclipse will not be visible on this side of the Planet, still it's influence is bound to be felt.  Also Mercury goes retrograde on August 12th. With all that, August is considered the Hungry Ghost month in Chinese Astrology; potential threats and criminal activity are highlighted, especially in the evening hours and my guess would be during the Solar Eclipse when parts of North America will be shrouded  in darkness.  So back to my cards, August is supposed to be a fairly auspicious month for me and Temperance advises me not to get to involved with all the fray and maybe a few prayers will help too.  p-q-i-t is my take on mind my pints and quarts and dot my i's and cross my t's.

The CHINESE Tarot - Jui Guoliang

6 comments:

  1. The next full solar eclipse will be about 600 million years from now because the moon is moving away from the earth...Funny we haven't read about cults in the desert figuring this to be the end of the world event. Perhaps some of the humans are learning Temprance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few friends with deep religious connections you are espousing some signs of end of days with coming Solar Eclipse and I ask them what a those other hundreds of eclipse's? There was no 'rapture' then. I just don't understand why so many want to leave the Planet. The ones that are really curious are the ones who just bought cars, home, or clothes. All dressed up just to leave it all behind? Enjoy your quilting classes.

      Delete
  2. I am not sure what to make of all these astrological events. It is all mumbo jumbo for me. Mercury Retrograde has passed many times without any sign of trouble fro us. The only thing I like to keep track of is the lunar cycle and sometimes I even doubt if that has any signifant influence on our lifes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The big thing about all those cosmic events is that a lot of people give them credence and that makes them real. People believe what they believe and act accordingly and the ripple effect reaches out to many.

      Delete
  3. I didn't know about the Chinese Hungry Ghost Festival. It is obviously very different (being about ancestors) than the Buddhist idea of hungry ghosts, which are people tormented by desires they can never satisfy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is actually more in line with Feng Shui, and the subtle energies with the flying stars.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...