Monday, August 7, 2017

Not for me

Ill gotten counsel.

I was whining to a couple of friends the other day.  Just a little venting and their advice was based on what they thought was best for me.  I appreciated their concern and I was a bit tempted by their suggestions, then after further consideration I knew it was not good for me. 
As in the typical Two of Swords, I need to sit quietly with myself and figure out my source of discontent and act on it accordingly.

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." -Terry Pratchett




Marco Polo Tarot

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes finding out what you don't want can be just as clarifying as discovering what it is you do want :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true. I am adrift and I thought their suggestion was an answer, but it would have taken me away from my intended destination. So yes, it did help clarify things.

      Delete
  2. There is a Buddhist lojong slogan that says: "Of the two witnesses, hold the principal one." It basically means that the only person who really knows what's going on in our head is us. Other people may offer suggestions, but only we can look inside ourselves with clarity and honesty and decide what is best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true. I still hear my parents, and teachers, and previous employers - yada, yada, yada, and I am working to silence them all and learn to listen to my own true self.

      Delete
  3. When I need or get a second opinion I only ask they tell me what they think, not what to do. (((you)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get one without the other. Like the courier above, the best I can do is listen then get away.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...