Thursday, July 20, 2017

Practice makes perfect

The author gives us ravens instead of an apprentice or trade master since ravens are clever and industrious.  

I have to leave shortly to go to a class for continuing education to keep myself up on the whatever is the newest in real estate or a primer on current applications.  Today it is the forms we use.  They have this class every year and I go because it is pertinent and I can get a bit casual about filling in the 'blanks.'  The thing is they offer it yearly because of all the new agents that come into the profession and they really need to understand these legal binding contracts and they are exactly the ones that don't come. 
It takes more than showmanship and a business card in any profession; to bad most don't get that.  Clever and industrious yes, and also a good skill set. 


The LINESTRIDER'S Journey - Siolo Thompson

6 comments:

  1. I've got friends who've worked in the IRS, Social Security and other government agencies who were older and offered a buy-out to go ahead and retire. They younger folks could be paid less, so the agencies thought they were saving money. But what they lost was years of wisdom; you just can't teach that in a weekend class! I agree with you, it takes more than charisma to be in a profession.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. They pinch those pennies a such a loss. Can't see the forest for the trees.

      Delete
  2. This card is also about creativity: to apply what you have learned in your own special way. For that you really need to understand the basics and have more than sufficient experience. Something those youngsters don't have either :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my we have so many new agents coming into the market, so many think it is easy quick money. It is challenging work.

      Delete
  3. I studied so hard for my real estate exam. Guess how surprised I was that basically nothing I studied was pertinent to listing a house...
    beauty college was the same way, safety and sanitation were the basics we were were tested on. Ditto in-home nursing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a shocked as you 20years ago after I got my license that just about nothing learned was of use. And most agencies don't really teach that much at all once you get started.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...