Friday, January 14, 2022

Need vs Want

 

The last few days sitting around nursing a cold I have been grateful for all that I have. Everything I needed to care for myself and allow my body to heal was and is available.  Home, security, comfort, food, heat, water companionship (Kitty) books. I was not pressed to take care of anything or anyone other than myself. My needs were and are taken care of. I have wanted for nothing. A good reminder of my needs versus my wants. This painting of The Garden of Eden by Thomas Cole offers the same, home food, companionship, but Eve wanted more. Want, want, want, want, I want what I want. Thomas Cole also painted at same time Expulsion from the Garden of Eden. The Wants unsettle us.  Realizing that I am safe and secure in my own way means The World to me. More sure, but I don't need it. 


MAJESTIC EARTH Tarot

2 comments:

  1. stay well, give Miss Kitty a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wants can definitely keep us from seeing what we already have. Sending you thoughts of good health and comfort!

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...