Friday, January 28, 2022

Snow day

 

It is snowing out there this morning. Pretty to look at, not much fun to get out in it anymore. As a young girl a snowy morning held much promise of fun. First, school might have been canceled. I loved learning and still do but there was something special about a 'snow day.' Second I would get myself all bundled up and go out and make a snow angel; magical how a pair of wings of mine own making in the snow made me feel.  Thirdly how great it felt getting back inside and warming up. I didn't really comprehend or appreciate central heating as a child, but I sure do as an adult. Now I watch the delicate flakes falling and think, how lovely whilst sitting in my warm home with a cup of hot chocolate in my Ace of Cups.



Scorpio Sea TarotSnow

3 comments:

  1. I spent many years growing up in a farmhouse with neither heat nor AC; I can't imagine not having central heat and air now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a gas furnace. The house was always chilly because of low settings for savings, but still 65° is warmer than the outside in those winter days. No central air; windows open at night to let the cool in and home curtained and shaded during days trying and keep house as cool as possible.

      Delete
  2. farm house with wood heat, wood burning kitchen range. In the winter there would be ice on the inside of the windows, in the summer we just slept outside. And I walked uphill both ways to school ;)

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...