Monday, January 3, 2022

In the moment

 

And just like that we are in a new year. Day 3 and so far the year is an ongoing daily repeating scene of last year. Time to let go of my day to day anticipated responses and let myself enjoy the mystery and majesty that is all around me. 

Snow is forecasted for Thursday. Others shout hoorah, I cringe and moan at the thought. I ask myself what happened to that promise made to me to be friends with winter, to enjoy the season for the wonder of it? I need to reach within and snip the repeating loop of responses. Why concern myself with Thursday when today is the moment to enjoy. 


Artwork: Diana on the Chase by Washington Harvard  - just out of frame is Diana with her hunting dogs and two of her nymph companions.  Her quarry here is enchanted with the mountains and forest that soon maybe taken from him; you cannot outrun Diana's arrow. My additional take from painting; enjoy while you can because Diana's arrow will find us all one day.


MAJESTIC EARTH Tarot

2 comments:

  1. A lovely, wise and heart-felt commentary on this card. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't eat a dragon or winter in one sitting...a spoon at a time will do it though. If Miss Kitty is strictly in-door, leash her and set her in the snow. Some cats Love it ;) Catch a flake on your tongue while you are out there. See, two spoonsful and the day is barely started.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...