Thursday, June 11, 2020

Be True

I cannot remember many moments like this with my father.  Seven children, two jobs, a tension filled household, didn't leave much time for sharing, caring, or fun.  He did have his moments and now as an adult I can appreciate what he could do and share.  I tried to be what was expected, so as to please.  It was never enough, not from any of us growing up. He had a broken childhood and didn't know any better. 
I have found myself over the years striving to still prove my worthiness.   These days though, I still recognize that I don't measure up to others perceived expectations and I am okay with that. I am okay with me.  To Thine Own Self Be True.

2 comments:

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...