Thursday, April 16, 2020

Illusion

Let go.  Any sense of control is an illusion.  The best that we can do is figure out how to react or not react to the world around us.  Look for the lesson and try to learn. 
Last evening after watching PBS about elephants I felt sad that I had not done something more, contributed more to elephants and other ongoing issues in the world.  The movie "A Wonderful Life" flashed through my mind's eye and gave me pause.  Even though I have not moved mountains, stopped the slaughter of elephants, or saved the rain-forests, I have contributed.  On a smaller scale and I still have some days left to contribute.  The lesson, you are not done and till the last breath leaves your body. Write a letter, make a call, say a prayer.


Magical Messages of the Fairies

6 comments:

  1. You have surely aided me in a time of need! As Mother Teresa said, don't worry about doing great things, just do small things with great love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel I haven't made much of a contribution to the world and certainly will leave no wonderful legacy behind when I'm gone. But I have LOVED and APPRECIATED the life I have, and have helped where it was obvious that I could. That has to be enough. I don't have to be a hero. Thank goodness! -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. doing our little bits adds up to much more than a few people's big bits. Very few of us were ever destined for greatness. That is a burden I wouldn't want anyway, so much criticism of everything you do when in the public eye. We can do our little bits without fanfare, also something to be admired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will continue to do my bits of this and that, here and there. Still so much to do. You are right, little bits add up.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...