Thursday, February 28, 2019

Here and Now

I have drawn another "egg" card today.  This deck has several cards that prominently feature an egg.  Birthing something new maybe.  I have been watching an eagle nest cam that my friend Bev told me about and both eggs hatched last week and both died this week.  I think it might have been the heavy rains that occurred over that nest in Georgia.  Not even momma eagle could keep them completely dry and warm with several days of torrential rain.  Sad, but part of life.  That Eagle pair have been very successful raising their babies for years. This year, sadly not.  And that is true with lots of new things we start as well.  Sometimes we are successful and sometimes not.  Still we must and do continue on.  That is Life.


Wisdom of the Oracle

4 comments:

  1. I was heartbroken that they lost both eaglets. But as you said, that is the nature of life. And if the adults are alive next year, I'm sure they'll try again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure they will, they have done very well raising babies.

      Delete
  2. catching up, will be back the 1st. Death reading downhill, I like that. I hope the person who has set me so off center is on that horse. Picking up speed.
    Centering sound. On the way home today I sang along with Janis Joplin to White Rabbit at the top of my lungs. Who knew I knew every single word? Not me! Loved catching up, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have to step away from time to time. Thank goodness we have gotten smart enough to do the step away instead of sledgehammering through the wall.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...