Saturday, February 24, 2018

Rear-a-view mirror

More isn't always better.

Ain't that the truth?  More isn't always better.  In this me me me society and I want it and I want it now, this card is more pertinent now that when Pamela Colman-Smith designed many years ago.  I guess that old adage "times change, people don't" is pretty apt in this depiction.  There are always those that want to get away with something, myself included; I have gotten much better through the years, but every so often I try to 'sneak one in' It is just our nature.  Case in point, it drives me a bit batty when people know the exit is up ahead and yet don't want to wait in the line to exit, so they speed pass and then cut the line ahead.  And then lo and behold, Carolyn does the same thing, using the excuse everybody else does it.  I look back and see I got ahead of twenty cars and saved myself maybe "7" seconds.  Crazy.  Ain't Life Grand.


Rider Waite-Smith Tarot

4 comments:

  1. It's easy to point out what someone else does, then justify it when we do it. No wonder comedy was invented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to see this guy as the shoe boy in grand hotels. He is just taking the swords to be cleaned. I wonder how the deck would have fared if the little boy on the 5 of swords was given this face and our 7 would have the boys face of hope?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent questions. When I have more time I like to immerse myself in the cards with questions such as these.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...