Monday, February 19, 2018

On Guard

What others think of you is none of your business.

"I am able to laugh at life and at myself. I choose not to be offended by anything or anyone."  -quote from my daily affirmation calendar

I heard the top line in an on-line video; a  quote they used and one I have heard before. Between the card, the quote, and the affirmation I can pretty well bet that someone is going to say or do something that will try to diminish me.
It make me think of what another blogger Bev King mentioned in her recent post about meditation. That meditation makes us aware of the incessant chatter in the back of our mind that continues all day long.
For today I will be mindful and not allow another to make their troubles mine.



Rider Waite-Smith Tarot

6 comments:

  1. It's a blessing we only have to deal with our own inner chatter and that we are unable to listen to what others are thinking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somedays others internal chatter is loud enough that I can hear.

      Delete
  2. well thought. Our snow is frozen solid today, snow angels would hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had 70 here last Thursday, snow on Saturday and it made it back to 72° today.

      Delete
  3. My monkey mind is enough to deal with without analyzing others! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell my busy mind that enough is enough and it continues to chatter away.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...