Friday, February 17, 2017

Look Up

Tonight's Night Sky

The last couple of evenings I have returned home after sunset.  We are experiencing clear skies and moderate temperatures in the area.  The night sky is stunning.  Venus is exceptionally bright and hanging out to the southwest of her is Mars.  The Earth is beginning her tilt as the season progresses towards Spring and I got a great glimpse of Sirius, the three stars on Orion's belt, the Little Dipper, and with a pair of binoculars a view of the Pleiades.  The Moon is in her waning stage so with the deeper darkness, the night sky is a wonder to behold.  Normally in February it is bone chilling out there and because I cannot tilt my head back anymore I miss the night sky's production.  I have caught some glimpses the last couple of evenings.  Tonight it will be fairly comfortable temperature wise and I plan on making a pallet on the driveway and stretch out and enjoy. 
Forget the ordinary day to day things and get out there and experience the extraordinary.



The Rider Waite Smith Tarot

5 comments:

  1. Your knowledge of the stars is far beyond my own. I go as far as: wow and awesome. Enjoy your outdoor bed! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mostly go wow and awesome too! I only know tidbits and if something catches my eye, I run in and Google it.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes the extraordinary can be found in the ordinary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stars here have been really bright too. You've inspired me to get more knowledgable about 'the night sky's production' :)

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...