Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Ponder


This card of Justice is just too busy for me.  It is the first deck I have seen Justice as the eighth major.  I am not sure you can find balance or the middle ground right after a Chariot ride.  Why is Justice wearing shackles?  Is there a reason one wing is shadowed?   I see the sleeping dog at her feet and wonder can justice be found by just allowing a sleeping dog lie?
At the base of her feet is Est modus in rebus ~ There is a proper measure in things, ie., the golden mean should always be observed.   Simply - moderation in all things. Moderation might bring balance, but can it really be Justice?

The Tarot of Durer - Lo Scarabeo




7 comments:

  1. I love how you write down exactly what goes on in your mind when you look at this card. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good day to you. I never had a formal teacher so I just put down what comes to mind. A fleeting thought, a answered question, or what the heck? There are few instances I hold back cause those things are for my ears only. Yikes!

      Delete
  2. The Latin phrase at the bottom means "there is a proper measure in things." Maybe the chains represent what is out of balance (unmeasured) and why Justice has shown up restore it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe, but in this instance I think the angel stayed out to late and the Arch Angel Michael put the kibosh on her and now she has a shadow side and has to do her penance. Probably had to much fun on the Chariot ride and that is how she lost her clothes.

      Delete
  3. I am not sure you can find balance or the middle ground right after a Chariot ride

    This is the best reason I've ever heard for the change of Strength and Justice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That thought just came to me. I mean really you have to go through some things and then come to the Hermit stage before you can look objectively enough to be Justice.

      Delete