Friday, January 17, 2020

Past to Present to Future

I always wondered if Pamela Colman-Smith had specific reasons for the placement of Queens and Kings in The Rider Waite-Smith Tarot.  In the Wands the King is looking off to the right and the Queen, here is looking off to the left. In the Cups, the King appears to be looking off to the left and the Queen to the Right, The Swords, they both look straight out at us, and the Pentacles, the Queen and King are both looking down at the pentacle they are holding.
Here I think the Queen is reviewing where they have been so she can advise her King on the next move forward.
When I see this Queen of Wands, it always makes me think about driving across Kansas in August and all the fields of sunflowers that you pass through.  An absolute stunning sight.  In review, maybe I will put that on my list of something to do in the next few years.

1 comment:

  1. I've always heard the way the profiles are could represent the Court card person having a dialog with another, or that it could represent past, present or future.
    Fields of sunflowers sound lovely! I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...