Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Outdated programming

You know those five young guys battling back and forth in the Rider version of the Five of Wands, here they are all grown old, and still gathering.  They put their grievances down on paper those many years ago and have abided by their decisions made way back when. 
Well what was, is not now, and those rules no longer fit, not for them and not for this ever-changing world. 
Why do we continue to hold on to that doesn't work anymore?  I am older now and still working on some of the programming my parents installed.  Something to consider as I move forward with the choices that need to be made. 

4 comments:

  1. I would hope that age has made them realize that some stuff is just not that important. I have a quote printed on a picture beside my bed to remind me of this: "Tonight your days are diminished by one. Do not squander your life." (Zen evening chant)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the older I get the less impressed I am by the knowledge and advice of our elders. Parents? I'll give mine a pass, and especially Rob's. Did did as they were done to, with no one and nothing to guide them better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to really reflect on who, what, why, when, how I make those choices.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...