Tuesday, July 9, 2019

At the Gate

Thankfully I have come to the point in my life that I don't always need to be right.  I work with two such people, it can be exhausting.  Both in their late fifties, you would think it was time to let go of their need for control, or at least loosen the white knuckled grip.   While one I realized is trapped by their insecurities I now recognize the other is as well, though much more covertly disguised.  I wonder how long I can wander between the shrouds of their misery at the office.  Pretty sure I will not survive four more years of maintaining a defensive posture.
Right has might, but the need to be right is another thing altogether.





Celestial Tarot

2 comments:

  1. I think as we age (and lose our youthfulness) we sometimes overcompensate and try to control what is external to us to make us feel better. I try to say things like "Perhaps you may be right" or "Thank you for sharing your ideas." I'm not really agreeing with them, but it gives me a chance to get out of their line of fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if they aren't direct supervisors, smile 'em to death. You know the salesmen credo, the first one to talk loses. Don't talk.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...