Saturday, July 20, 2019

Blink

Reading from The Book of Awakening, by Mark Nepo, his daily thought is "We blink a thousand times a day. A thousand times a day the world goes dark. A thousand times a day we wake.  We can't escape the opening and closing."
I love the long days of Summer, long days in the Light.  Even now the Earth begins her turn to the shorter days of Fall and Winter.  Those days are needed.  Those short days of Winter I will try to remember is the Earth blinking in her own way. Though her blinks are longer she has been here for eons of time and will continue on for eons more. For her, my life is but a blink of an eye.
Now off to enjoy my day in the Light.




Eartheart Wisdom Oracle Cards - Sue Lion

4 comments:

  1. beautiful card, lovely thought view. I'd like to speand a day in Sue's studio, it seems a place of light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for mentioning Sue Lion years ago on your blog. I love her work. Some she has made into greeting cards. One Mermaid Card was so lovely, I framed it.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful analogy from Nepo - thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 365 daily inspirations. I miss some day and other go through five.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...