Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Sustenance

 

The other day I read one of those silly questions that asked, 'if you had to choose just three items to eat for a month, what would they be?' Well bread would be one of those three for me. Bread was one of those things that got me and my siblings through our childhood. The shelves and the table may not have had much to offer in our home, but bread was always available. My Mother, bless her soul, did all she could to stretch a thin budget to feed all of us. She visited the Day Old Bread store a couple of times a week. Bread sustained us. PB&J, milk gravy on toast, egg sandwiches, more PB&J.  I don't remember Mother baking her own bread, mostly because she was so busy having babies and raising kids; Mother did pretty darn good, all things considered. It can be the simple things that nurture us, bread is a very good example. Maybe today I will have a cheddar cheese sandwich on crusty french bread. Yum.


The Scorpio Sea Tarot

4 comments:

  1. Bread, cheese, oranges. That is a tough one. When we didn't have bread we made school lunch sandwich from pancakes, because flour and eggs were basics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine would be bread, cheese, and apples. I sure would miss my peanut butter and chocolate though.

      Delete
  2. That is a tough one. Potatoes, eggs and a fruit or a vegetable maybe. But then I'd miss my oatmeal. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would also miss my oat bran muffins. I started making them after cardiac event and have one most mornings for breakfast.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...