Tuesday, May 31, 2022

One of the Virtues?

 

Is patience really a virtue?  Accept or tolerate delays without becoming annoyed. I have found it difficult to wait for others especially when their delays become habitual. "how dare they assume that their time is more valuable than mine," when these occasions happen. I have gotten much better, trying to change my focus on them and their delays, and focus on why I let it bother me so much. The other day I played the waiting game twice and successfully converted my mind set to awareness, and patiently waited for others. Was I virtuous, not really, just more relaxed and contemplative as I waited. 

My other thought on this card is, Carolyn be careful today in a situation where I might lose my head.(ha)  If you think about it that is kind of what happens when you get angry while waiting for another. Well a little bit at least.


Spiritsong Tarot

4 comments:

  1. I read somewhere that impatience is just rage on a slow simmer. When I can remember that (and I don't always), I realize that my peace of mind is not worth losing over someone else's stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the trick isn't it, catching yourself before things get out of hand.

      Delete
  2. that consistently late business is a control issue whether they know it or not. On the other hand I've wasted a lot of minutes of my life being consistently early, which has put me in uncomfortable positions. It is 8:29 here. I'm retired and I don't give a hoot if I'm early or late today, it is the only day I have any control over ~ time to go mow the lawn, always good think time, and it doesn't care if I'm early or late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not in your place yet, but I keep reminding myself, it's my time to do with as I wish.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...