Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Sake

Arguing for the sake of arguing.  I think this is the trap I get myself into sometimes.  The battle is not without but within.  I can, yes I can! Suppose I can't?  Do I beat myself up because I failed myself, or what I think I failed at?  Do I continue as though nothing is wrong; so as to make others more comfortable?  I do everything to make myself and others think things are alright. Who am I kidding.  I think I learned that lesson from my Father.  "You want something to cry about, I'll give you something to cry about." Brutal.


"The deeper the cry, the more clear the choice." Mark Nepo




Rider Waite-Smith Tarot

3 comments:

  1. I'm beginning to check in with my body before I jump into anything; if there is a feeling of lightness or excitement, I proceed. But if there is a tightness or heaviness, I pause and reconsider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I feel myself draw in a big breath in preparation for an argument I'm beginning to learn to think first. Is my mouth open because I want to be right? Probably. Do I care about the person from me or across the screen enough to want them to see both sides? Seldom. Does that person really care about what I think? Nearly Never.
    I wish I'd come to the understanding earlier in life that arguing is for debate clubs. It just gives me a headache and a roily gut. I'll never live long enough to get it right, But I live in hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. edited to add later. Since the post above I've been to my quilt forum and Not argued 3 times. My forehead is tight because I want to...but I'm having tea and reading my mail instead ;) And I have good basis for arguing...but I won't. But I have good basis for arguing...but I'm not. I am though, smiling sanctimonious. which is nearly as bad :)

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...