Saturday, October 30, 2021

Get to it

 

"Judge not less ye be judged"  I have judged others and myself throughout my days. These days I am less inclined to pass judgement on others (still working on it) but I am still a bit critical of myself; my self-acceptance is a work in progress. Last night I read an excerpt from 'The Book of  Hope' by Jane Goodall and Douglas Abrams.  I am in awe of her work and all that she has done to promote World Healing and a life well lived. In comparison, my life has come up short. I know there have been accomplishments, but was it enough?  Will I face judgement when I leave Planet Earth and move onto that Next Place for not doing more?  Guess I will know when I get there. I am hoping for a 'sliding-grade scale.' Until then there are still things I can do to make a difference, for me, for the World.


The Fountain Tarot

2 comments:

  1. I tend to agree with Jack Kornfield:

    In the end, just three things matter:

    How well we have lived
    How well we have loved
    How well we have learned to let go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comparing myself to someone else. check.
    Wishing I was as good as someone else. check.
    Get over it. check.
    Judgymuch is a word from Jumanji 2 or 3...my new favorite word to shout at myself. :)

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...