Sunday, October 18, 2020

Observation point

 

Perhaps the Page is me from the wounded, almost defeated place represented in the Ten of Swords. Now risen from my turmoil and capable of seeing things more clearly.  Do we really need to put ourselves through the test of the Swords to get to this place? To look back and see all the discord and anguish to arrive in the revelation of our own truths? 

Could the truth be that we are not so much going through difficult times but are making our time difficult?

Words/Sword


The Rider Waite-Smith Tarot

4 comments:

  1. We don't need it if we are people who seek the truth, the obvious, but I think sometimes the truth is so unbearable, we knit our minds into a state where we think the status quo is good enough. Let the church and government and elders think for us. Eek! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek! is right. I don't want anyone to tell me what to do, I still have enough of the "buy you books and buy you books and all you do is eat the covers" rhetoric playing in the background of my mind.

      Delete
  2. When the world does not submit to my wishes, I try to remember the words of Shantideva: If you can't do anything about it, why get upset? If you can do something, why get upset?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easier said than done. Sometimes we just have to learn the hard way.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...