Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Neosporin and band-aids

 By our own doing or happenstance sometimes we can get tangled up in things that are going to be a bit painful or uncomfortable to get out of.  The question(s) we can ask ourselves is what reward am I getting from being bound to this situation? Is it more comfortable or just easier to stay put than to extract ourselves?  Makes me think for a minute of my father yelling "I will give you something to cry about." Then as now sometimes it is easier or the wiser course to just shut up and put up; at least until the opportunity presents itself to get untangled.


This cat is a lot different looking than the kitty as the Fool a few days ago.  


2 comments:

  1. I think some people feel like not choosing or acting keeps them from being responsible for any blowback. They can just be pitiful (and annoying) instead. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't particularly hold Dr. Phil in high regard, but he had some true common sense thoughts on "and how is that workin' for ya". Something I've asked myself numerous times when I seem to be fighting myself out of pure stubbornness. We can get something from everything I guess, but it isn't always what we want.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...