Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Seniorville

Do you see what I see?


I often wonder how people view me; I wonder what do they see?  In the mirror I see one Carolyn and in my mind's eye I see another.  I often get a bit of a shock when I see the sixty something me, because mentally I still view myself as forty-something.  I know my body has aged but a lot of mind is still much younger.  As the years roll on I have to remember more and more not to become what others project on to me.
So my legs won't manage a marathon; the fact is I never ran one when I was younger.  Curious, I think of things I can no longer do and then the younger mental me has a laugh when I tell myself, well you never did those things anyway. 
"I will not eat green eggs and ham, I do not like them, Sam-I-Am.


Magic & Myth - Sue Lion

1 comment:

  1. I just finished a low impact DVD workout. I remember when I did kickboxing and other high impact exercises. But my body is still moving, and now I'm more mindful and grateful for the way it moves than I ever used to be.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...