Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Sounds of Silence

"Hello darkness my old friend, I've come to talk with you again." -Simon and Garfunkel

Yep, that is what popped into my mind when drawing this card.  I have a funeral to attend later today, and maybe that is why Death has made an appearance. I really feel like death is a doorway.  A passage way as we move from one point of existence to another.

As Master Gandalf said in the Return of the King, " End? No the journey doesn't end here.  Death is just another path...One that we all must take.  The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass...and then you see it."
Pippin ask" what?"
"White shores...and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise"

2016 is coming to an end in just a few days: an ending of one year a beginning of another - transformation.  And to me that is what death is, transformation.

The CHINESE Tarot Deck - Jui Guoliang



6 comments:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree with you. For me dying is being born into another realm. How and where, I don not know but I firmly believe there is life after death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And me as well. I have remembrances of previous lives. Since I had a NDE I have gained more clarity.

      Delete
  2. Probably lone dissenter here, I find it calming and peaceful to recognize death IS the end...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not ever argue your point of view. There is so much more to talk about, quilting, gardening, rock painting, frogs, chocolate - pros and cons. PS there are no cons to chocolate.

      Delete
  3. I heard Phyllis Tickle (a progressive Christian theologian) make the following statement on a podcast:
    "I suspect... that death does not ultimately exist. We don't die. We're trapped in time, and we will escape time with death. But we will not cease to be."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was given a book for Christmas from one of my clients. THE LANGUAGE OF GOD by Francis S. Collins. Lead scientist on the human genome project. His conversion from being an atheist to christian. I don't know why the client thought I needed to read book, but read it I will. The client I speak about is very deeply christian and me not so much. I have a deep sense when I am around her that we shared a previous incarnation as nuns.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...