Monday, November 28, 2016

Did that, done that

Wherever you go there you are.

I am not a history buff. Not big on keepsakes, memoirs, pictures, or reminiscing on days gone by.  I am more about the here and now and what comes next.  The journey ahead is always more interesting than a finished project. Still, I think from time to time I need to check in with my past.  To gauge where I am at and decide what is next, to pause and reflect.  Interesting that yesterday I drew the Fool - today the Chariot.  She carries very little in her pack and obviously this charioteer is down to basics.  So too with me, paring down that which no longer works for me.  
I remember a portion of a dream last night, a leopard bit my hand.  I looked down at my hand and couldn't believe she had bitten me, just a nip, but still.  Best I got is a leopard can't change her spots and don't bite the hand that feeds you.  On my quest ahead I best remember I am who I am and not to forget what part of me really serves my best interest.

I am thankful for new and interesting opportunities.  The good and the not so good.

6 comments:

  1. Hope the wisest, most helpful parts of you are paddling the canoe today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are what we were but we don't have to stay that way. Want it or not, you are a quiet mentor, leading by example.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about that. I have enough to take care watching me watching me.

      Delete
  3. I think I could follow you example to be in the here en now a bit more. I tend to become overly reflective during the Winter season.
    Love simplifying my live down to basics though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like they say, whoever they are? "all we really have is the moment we are in" Still I like to look towards tomorrow instead of yesterday.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...