Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Awareness

 

The other day I read a post from Sharon Salzberg that I have been pondering on.  She said she asked her meditation teacher  (and I am paraphrasing) why he started his practice? His response was so that he would notice the little blue flowers along the road. Awareness, how much do we miss because our minds are somewhere else, how much has been missed along our journey?  With today's New Moon and Imbolc tomorrow, it seems a very auspicious time to change things up, nothing dramatic, just a enough to open up my awareness of the world around me. The farther I travel on my path I realize how much of what seemingly ails and fails me is really my mind set. As those things fall away I have more time to notice and admire the little blue flowers along the way.


Earth Wisdom Oracle

2 comments:

  1. When Buddha was asked if he was an angel, God,great sage, etc. he said, "I am awake."

    ReplyDelete
  2. all truth, all the time. :) Now I need to think of an image for Imbolc

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...