Monday, February 7, 2022

Alright now Carolyn

 

Seventy-Five percent. I realize that I spend the winter months moaning and groaning about the cold and always have my eyes cast to the promise of Spring. That's about Twenty-Five percent of my year not really being present in my life. In grading percentile that is about a C I am giving my life. YeeGads! As a student getting good grades was something I always worked toward. Went to class, did my studies, finished my homework, did extra credit, that was then not now. How much more meaningful my days would be if I applied myself everyday, take action on that what mattered most to me. I read a quote the other day "Bloom where you are planted" so maybe I can't bloom during the Winter's cold, but I can feed my roots and tend my soil.  Already we have about an hour more of daylight, just enough to start sending tender sprouts up. I can get behind that promise.



Rider-Waite Smith Tarot

3 comments:

  1. I too can waste a lot of energy lamenting what is instead of looking for the joy and beauty I can appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Little blue flowers on the side of the road"
      I have tried to appreciate more about Winter, have not done so well. Well, still 4 or 5 more weeks of coldness here, so still some time to work on a Winter's lesson plan.

      Delete
  2. get your quilt out and a good book. We yam what we yam.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...