Saturday, February 12, 2022

Head 'n Heart space

 

The other day I had a remembrance of a nasty comment made about me when I was about eighteen. Forty-seven years is a long time to hold on to such spiteful jab made by another. Teenagers mocking others, shoring up their own self-esteem. Returning to old thoughts and allowing them to play havoc does me no good. Those were old lessons of youth; fear and worry, self-worth and self-importance, lessons no longer of importance to me at sixty-five. When I come up against those old memories I try to review them for what they were and dismiss them. as they are old thoughts that need to be let go of. Just like clutter-clearing my house, old thoughts and emotions need reviewed and then let go of.  Returning to those past thoughts and feelings is now an opportunity to clean up my emotional heart and head-space.



Rider Waite-Smith Tarot



6 comments:

  1. I bet those teens had to learn some hard lessons later on - real life is not like high school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the earliest jabs I remember..mother went through a streak where she'd get me a tight curly perm. I got on the bus, first day of school and one of the high school girls said something cutting.
    Sometimes people open their mouth and crap falls out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot say I was not guilty of unkind comments when I was younger. I would say most of us have some things said and done that we are not that proud of.

      Delete
  3. The way you've put this:
    "Just like clutter-clearing my house, old thoughts and emotions need reviewed and then let go of. Returning to those past thoughts and feelings is now an opportunity to clean up my emotional heart and head-space" is very much how I experience reading through and curating my old journals from decades ago. It's like a wrapping up of loose ends in some ways. -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Review helps us remember and forgive. Sometimes we have to review it often until we grasp the lesson and let it go.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...