Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Emotional blackmail

 

So much tragedy and loss and heartbreak is used to tug on our emotional heartstrings. Turning on any kind of media and you are exposed to it. The war, starving and abused children, tortured and abandoned animals, it gets to be too much. It hurts and scars and scares us. I turn on the tv and shortly thereafter turn it off. It emotionally wounds us. What's the answer, I don't really know. Don't want to ignore it all, but self-protection comes into play. Right now I just want to rescue a kitty that is hanging around the home. My cat, Kitty will not tolerate another, but I want to help the little cat, who runs as soon as I open the door. I guess that is the best answer, trying to do the best we can do with what's going on in our own homes and right outside our doors.



The Linestrider's Tarot

3 comments:

  1. I agree. First I must check my own thoughts to make sure they're not sabotaging me, weaving stories that aren't true. When I see with clarity, I can respond appropriately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We occasionally feed strays that look thin, but we've learned to do it not close to the house so as not to upset the princess kitty inside. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I came back in house last evening I am sure Kitty gave me a knowing look. I told her I was sorry, but another needed to eat. In her own way she let me know she was not happy about it or with me.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...