Sunday, March 27, 2022

Remember when

 

Wow, what a sad, heart-wrenching card. I almost put it back in the deck, put the deck back in the box, and shoved the box to the back of the drawer. To abandoned one's children? But the Tarot does sometimes evoke memories, and not all good. This portrayal of the Three of Swords  may ask, where or how does abandonment issues effect the viewer? I have abandonment issues, I guess many of us do, maybe nothing this traumatic, yet still the ache of being left behind clings to us like a heavy wet blanket, unable to move with the weight of the shroud.

As we get older we should be able to to let go of old hurts, move beyond old lessons of fear, but not. We are humans walking through the forest and some things haunt us all of our days.



The Forest of Enchantment

2 comments:

  1. perhaps it is a dad who loves his kids so much he just doesn't want to go to work today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that is a trigger for me as well. But it helps to remember those who cast a net under me and supported me during those traumatic times.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...