Monday, April 4, 2022

Askew

 


Grief can do this to us. Makes us feel out of balance, maybe not connected to world because we are only focused on our grief. We all grieve in our own way and with no time limits established. Though not necessarily grieving today I have a few concerns that are keeping me 'off kilter.' Focused on my own self-concerns I realized that I did not fill the bird feeder, and remembered why, because I was out of bird seed. My whole afternoon yesterday was taken up with others and the birds forgotten. Late yesterday evening they had nothing. Do birds feel grief while going to bed hungry? Well I got out my own way and went to the store first thing this morning for bird seed. The birds will be happy, Kitty will be happy cause her 'bird tv' is active, and I can enjoy my birding view and forget about all the other stuff.  Grief can be dealt with with by focusing on something else; birds and the natural world is a good focal point.

1 comment:

  1. I can remember feeling like everyone should stop what they were doing when I was grieving. But I guess that is the first sign of healing, to creep back into the world we left.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...