Sunday, September 2, 2018

The only constant

Letting go of the last of my resistance. 
Yesterday I was talking with one of my sisters, the one that still smokes.  She said she was ready to try again. When I quit it was one the most difficult things I have done.  I tried many times before I managed to give them up.  Now, many years later, the struggle doesn't seem like it was that hard, the struggle softened by time. 
Letting go of something or someone whose time has passed is troubling, but once we can get beyond it or them, the change will do me/us good.
Change is in the air.




The Sacred Circle Tarot.  Anna Franklin - Paul Mason



2 comments:

  1. I hope that she can. Quitting cold turkey can seem at times like you're standing in a fire when the urge hits. May she persevere when those flames lick at her feet and ankles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SSo many of us have stood where she stands. One of my "NO" tools was a ziplock bag with wet cigarette butts in it. I'd open that up and take a big ole sniff. Eeuuu. Because that is exactally what people who smoke smell like.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...