Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Last night, Today

 

I had an uncomfortable, reveling two-part dream last night. There was betrayal of trust, loss of faith, and the second-part, retribution. Watching the reel of the dream I realized all the participants were supposed to be facets of me. The little things I do to myself that undermine me, and then the mind revealing thoughts of how I punish myself with the antics I participate in, mostly in my thoughts. I wonder if indeed, I have been my own best and worst enemy, per se?  I guess I can dwell on all those missteps and continue to focus on regret or for once in all just let it go and move on. A valuable lesson, especially as I am getting to old to linger in regret. Get up, shake it off, lesson learned, move on.



Gaian Tarot

4 comments:

  1. I read something by Sharyn Salzberg that a psychologist told her: a mind filled with shame cannot learn. That made so much sense to me. So when I start doing some self-flagellation, I remind myself that will neither help me move on or do anything better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to shake yourself out of the "woe is me' moment.

      Delete
  2. I was shocked to learn I already have, in the space of a year, found I have nearly 150 mini-me's. All parts that make up the whole, and many I never recognized or acknowledged. Interesting process.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...