Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Discernment


 We may be offered many things in life, that does not mean we have to accept them. Love, compassion, forgiveness are gracious gifts. Then there are the other things that must be observed with careful consideration. Hate, bigotry, contempt, and other's negative outlooks we do not have to recognize.  

Many times over the years I have listened and brooded over negative content spewed by others. In sales, we listen to too much of it to get along, go along with the clients. I was taught this go along with it, in those early years. I knew that was wrong, but went along.  Accepting other's negativity became my negativity. Maybe I didn't share in their believes but being party to it made them think they were in the right and I went home at the end of the day, knowing I was wrong to partake.  There is a Zen Proverb that the Budda said "if I do not take what is offered then who does it belong too?" or something along those lines.  


Marco Polo Tarot

4 comments:

  1. I've come to realize that not expressing my disagreement leads to the speaker thinking I approve or agree, which reinforces their own belief. Not gonna be respectfully silent anymore when someone spews garbage in my presence. -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either. I went along to get along too many times in the past.

      Delete
  2. We might not carry it around in our own pocket, but pulling a wagon load of someone else's can surely affect us.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...