Monday, February 15, 2021

Plus One

 

I never had a plus one in my life; I gave it less than a half-hearted attempt maybe once or twice. I just never could comprehend spending the remainder of my days, whether fifty years or five with one person. Yes, the loneliness can at times be consuming, but there have been compensations. Family and friends, books and adventures, and now Kitty, have been my companions through my days, I am okay with that.  Life never came with a guarantee. 

"One never knows how much of the journey will be alone." - Arushka, The Romanoffs, Season One, Episode One


Spiritsong Tarot

5 comments:

  1. I know many people who have companions rather than spouses and pets rather than a committed relationship. One type of relationship won't work for everyone. I know Kitty is glad to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many with human spouses shave never had a Plus One. Maybe more than are Ones. You know what drives me crazy? Rob being gone most of our marriage, I've had a number of restaurant meals by myself. The Seater, who invariable said 'Just One?' or 'Only you?' No one is ever Only, Just...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Rob was on the road all those years. Now he is home asking you what he should make for dinner.
      No one is only "one" so many more in our lives.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...