Responsibility before self expression.
I wonder. Often, I give up my time to be my most authentic self to make sure the job is done. Making sure that I keep a roof over my head, clothes on my back, food on the table. When the client and customers call I put my own needs to the side and take care of theirs. I don't do it 24/7 like I did when I got started. I still work with the premise of 'strike while the iron is hot.' Which now that I think of it is my center card in my Autumnal reading.
Work, work, work, has been instilled in me and it is true of my Capricorn nature. But I wonder if I had been encouraged to continue with my poetry when I was a teenager what a different woman I would be. Both life's are worth tipping my cup to, still I wonder.
I am grateful for all that is well in my world.
The Marco Polo Tarot
Perhaps I have always known everything important but will need a lifetime to discover what I know. Tarot and Oracles offer me guides and sign posts to help me along my way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Be Well
My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...
-
NOPE! And sometimes the answer is no. No is just another word but it can have such a huge impact. Who wants to be told no? Sometimes ...
-
Something is really out of sorts with me. I am not connecting with the cards. Thought it was this Gilded Tarot Deck, so I looked at ano...
-
Life Experience Sometimes I need to revisit my Tower moments. More than just the tornado incident five years ago, there have been other...
they aren't mutually exclusive. Go ahead. whip us up something fun about the emperor's/kings new clothes :) I do admire the new pope for living like a human rather than a potentate.
ReplyDeleteI do like Pope Francis.
DeleteI agree with Sharyn! Write write write!! Writing poetry can be a wonderful counterweight to a busy job
ReplyDeleteI fear the words are too deeply buried. I am different and not as poetry in my soul.
DeleteI'm chiming in with Sharyn and Ellen - write, even if you think the words are buried too deep. I bet the more you practiced, the more would come back. Everyone deserves to have a creative outlet they enjoy and spend time doing.
ReplyDeleteI enjoy this blogging, it is a pretty creative outlet.
DeleteNow that's true! :)
DeleteOpportunities to be creative always come round again even if they/we are different. Can you do the affirmation 'I am a poet' and go from there? Sharyn reminded me I am a historian even if my paid work is teaching management studies. If we practice it we are it!
Delete