Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Flame affinity

 

An Earth Sign by birth with more planets in Fire positions than the other elements and almost none in Water. I am fascinated with the flames. The other evening I lit a candle in observance of Mabon and was content to watch the flames, but then I turned my attention to the setting Sun on the last full day of Summer, more fire. Magic dances in the fire and insight too. There is something entrancing about the whiff of wood smoke in the air as well and the knowing of wood hissing and spitting its sap to touch of the flame. Careful I must be, since the fire can also burn, as I well know.


The Gaian Tarot

1 comment:

  1. I used to volunteer to be the fire tender when my friend would host celebrations at her Wheel. I too am transfixed by it (but I'm a water bearer - Aquarius :D).

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...