Sunday, February 16, 2020

To Thine Ownself

I hold loyalty as one the most important attributes of others.
I always tried to be and give my best to others, and hoped for the best from them.  Sadly, I have been disappointed a lot.  That disappointment I realize, at least now as I have matured somewhat, is my issue, not theirs.
I find my loyalty to myself a bit lacking.  I yield a bit too much, maybe always have.
"This above all others: to thine ownself be true."
            Hamlet ~ William Shakespeare




Wisdom of the Oracle Cards ~ Colette Baron-Reid

4 comments:

  1. And recognize the truth of ourselves... we need to live longer lives, to appreciate the knowledge we gain after we quit banging our heads on brick walls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We teach kids to be honest, but we've failed to teach them integrity - to follow and act from our own ethics and truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyday you can see what the younger people are taught and what not.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...