Sunday, April 14, 2019

Practicality

What did I want to do?  It was a question I was asked by a young professional a year ago.  Trying to find out what career was best suited for him,  I answered "I wanted to make money." I have pondered that answer more often than not in this last year.  Guess what, I have made money, but don't have many coins to count. It comes and goes.  I think about the statement, "make money" and I believe the declaration came from a place of lack.  And so I think one of the foundations of my work-a-day life has been built on lack.
From Rachel Pollacks, Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom, "...practical work, done consciously and with commitment, may serve as the vehicle of self-development."
Since I have to come to terms with the fact that I will most likely work until I decide to leave the planet; I best think of work of something more than "make money."

Rider Waite-Smith Tarot

2 comments:

  1. Maybe make money and be of service to others?
    I'm glad to see you blogging again - your words were missed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, missed. I can help you invest for growth, you are very young yet, lots of time!

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...