Sunday, August 7, 2022

Setting Aside

 

Artwork/Cards ~ The Scorpio Sea Tarot - Melissa Cynova

I have always been drawn to images of The Sun and The Moon and celestial stars as well.  The Sun and The Moon light our ways, each having their time overhead, each marking a cycle within the day. Some begin their days with the rising of the Sun and others when darkness falls and The Moon lights the night. There are natural cycles that run through our lives. This morning in meditation my mind drifted to the thought of Setting Aside the Identity. What do I indentify with? Change is necessary and sometime we need to set aside what we identify with to change. I have enjoyed this blog and plan to continue, just not everyday. I am going to spend a few weeks rereading previous posts to explore my journey these last 6 or 7 years . I will still post from time to time because I love the cards, but a blog is more about individuality and not another task to complete. 

THE BOOK OF AWAKENING ~ Mark Nepo ( August 7) What We Bring Along

In our journey through time, we all struggle constantly with what to bring along and what to leave behind. If feels so hard to throw anything away, but if we don't we will drown underneath a weight of our own making...The purpose of sentiment, then, is to release the powerful feelings that sleep in us Sometimes books and cards and shells and dried flowers do this...

3 comments:

  1. I scrounge though Quirkeries all the time. All those posts gave me a chance to grow to where I was, and now I'm growing something else. Stagnation stifles me and if I always go in the same direction I'm learning nothing, just reinforcing what may no longer be right for me.
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You my friend gave me the courage to start the blog and I do indentify with it, but need to release the seemingly daily obligation. I love the cards and they will continue to be a part of my life, but some change is needed. You will always be a part of my life. Too bad Bev, You, and I are in different areas; I am pretty sure we would all love to hang out together in our own "Secret Book and Scone Society.

      Delete
  2. I would love to be a part of the Secret Book and Scone Society! I too look back at my old posts occasionally, seeing ways I've grown but also getting some reminders that I still have changes to make. I love you too ladies so much.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...